01 October 2008

Proper Citation

I know that we have all learned about how to go about research and how to properly cite our sources for what seems like years now. What I am learning is that a refresher course never hurts. It is important that we remind ourselves to critique what information we are using for resources from the internet. After doing a lot of research on the Luther Library resource page I am grateful for the information and tips on ways to refine your searches. It is also important not to limit your research to one database. As teachers we are going to be constantly needing to be updated on the most recent educational studies, methods and philosophies. This will require research someday. I hope that as a teacher I will be able to direct my students to proper sources on the internet and teach them valuable ways to utilize the internet. There is a lot of information on the web that is waiting to be found, as a student doing research for my major I found Monday nights lecture to be helpful. Often times I find myself at a loss as to where to go or what key words to search. Technology is continually changing and being enhanced. We must change with it if we wish to make use of a great teaching tool. I am looking forward to learning how to create and enhance films on I-movie. I also am grateful for this blog requirement as it keeps me writing on a regular basis as well as motivates me to navigate my way around this blog site and stretch my comfort zone when it comes to computers.

No comments: