04 November 2008

Virtual School?

Over fall break one night I was watching the news on Fox. They had a story about the increasing popularity of virtual schooling through the use of "second life". Second life is a virtual representation of your life in the real world, you play yourself, which is known as an avatar. This was the first time I had ever heard about this. What shocked me about this news caster were his final words, "The schools of tomorrow wont even need a building to exist, just a big pipe hooked up to teh internet". While I hope that this world never comes to that, I do believe that it would be prudent to remain informed about the changing world of education, especially when it comes to technology. I have posted a new video which is an online news report about virtual schooling, I found it extremely informative.

No comments: